Name: JYOTI PRASAD DASContact Address Aaranyak
50, Samonway Path
Ph- 03664-228928 (R), 0361-2230250 (O), 09435121752 (M)
Date of Birth: 27th April 1981MSc Thesis Title:
Study on winter Bird Community in Kakoijana (P) Wildlife Sanctuary
Project Assistant; A study of habitat utilization patterns of Asian elephant (Elephas maximus) and current status of human elephant conflict in Manas National Park within Chirang-Ripu Elephant Reserve, Assam
Previously worked projects
1. Bird Community study in North Orissa University Campus
2. Habitat use of family Dicruridae in Kakoijana (P) Wildlife Sanctuary
1.. Did tiger census, crocodile census, herbivore census, elephant census in Simlipal Tiger Reserve, Manas Tiger Reserve, Bhitarkanika NP, Satkoshia WLS,
2. Did Asian Waterfowl census since 2003 in different wetlands in Assam and Orissa, India
3. Participated in a training programme for conservation biologist on "Conservation Beyond Boundaries" organized by British Council and Aaranyak in Manas National Park, India under Dr. Rosy Travylyn from Cambridge University.
4. Participated in a training programme on population study of Asian elephant in Nameri NP, Assam under Dr. Anand Kumar, Nature Conservation Foundation.
5. Participated in a training programme on study of Asian elephant in Manas NP, Assam under Surendra Varma, AERCC, CES, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.6. Participated in a training programme on census technique of Primates in Chakrashila WLS, Assam under Dr. Jihosuo Biswash, Primate Research Centre, Gauhati University.
7. Participated in a training programme on In-situ study of Golden langur in Sankarghola RF, Assam organized by Aaranyak.8. Participated in Pilot survey of late winter vegetation in Kakoijana (P) WLS, Assam under a COSIP, UGC programme.
. Participated in a training programme on GIS and application in Aaranyak, Guwahati, Assam under Dr. Aparesh Patro, North Eats Hill University, Shillong.
10. One-year experience in Camera trapping in Manas NP.